Having been, as we trust, brought by divine grace to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ, and to give ourselves wholly to Him, we do now solemnly and joyfully covenant with each other to walk together in Him, with brotherly love, to His glory, as our Lord. We do, therefore, in His strength engage...
- That we will exercise Christian care and watchfulness over each other, and faithfully warn, exhort and admonish each other as occasion may require. That we will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, but will uphold the public worship of God, and the ordinances of His house.
- That we will not fail in private and family religion at home, nor neglect the great duty of Biblically training our children, and those under our care, for the service of Christ and the enjoyment of heaven.
- That, as we are the light of the world, and salt of the earth, we will seek divine aid to enable us to deny ungodliness, and every worldly lust, and to walk uprightly in the world, that we may be used of God in reconciling men to Himself.
- That we will cheerfully contribute of our property, according as God has prospered us, for the maintenance of a faithful and evangelical ministry among us, for the support of the poor and to spread the Gospel over the earth.
- That we will in all conditions, even till death, strive to live to the glory of Him who hath called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
"And may the God of Peace, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that Great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make us perfect in every good work, to do His will, working in us that which is well pleasing in His sight through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory, forever, and ever. Amen."
(copied from New Hampshire Confession, 1894)
© Christ Community Church, 2017. All Rights Reserved.
web design by b • square studio